Marillion - F E A R (F*** Everyone And Run) CD (album) cover

F E A R (F*** EVERYONE AND RUN)

Marillion

poito
4 stars 3.5 Actually. A legendary band that gave the best in their initial years, when they drank heavily in grandpa's sources. I have listened little of them after Fish left, a few tracks from the initial Hogarth's era, when they went Poppy. They lost me. This FEAR was kind of an experiment. Would they have some music left inside after all this time? Well, they do. Never liked the singer, too common for me, but at least he didn't spoil the music. That's all I ask to singers. But certainly he adds nothing. It's clearly the weakest element. The album is not balanced, with some great compositions and others kind of boring, which coming from a Superband leaves a bitter taste than it would had they been complete strangers. The album contains three main suites; the first one, El Dorado, can be listened a couple of times, no much to scratch there; but the other two, The Leavers, and The New Kings are really worth. There are no breaking sounds, nor musical inventions, and that is probably the best of it: Emotion needs no musical innovation, and these guys make it great with common resources. One has to be very choosy to select new music, there is such a huge amount out there, but I may now go back and check some more of their production.
poito | 4/5 |