Leprous - Live At Rockefeller Music Hall CD (album) cover

LIVE AT ROCKEFELLER MUSIC HALL

Leprous

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

javajeff
4 stars This live album is a great place to start for anyone looking to get into Leprous since it is an excellent collection of songs. This Live At Rockefeller Music Hall is an excellent performance, with amazing sound quality. Do not let the Tech/Extreme label scare you off from Leprous since they are very similar to Haken in sound and heaviness. They are a progressive metal group in my book, with a very unique approach to song writing. Expect amazing musicianship, stellar vocals, and the most unique delivery of music in the progressive metal genre. There is absolutely nothing cookie-cutter about them, so they are perfect if you are looking for something new and fresh. Like Haken, they have stunning studio albums in what is still their infancy as a band. I consider them to be a top tier progressive metal group, so you may want to eventually get them all. My review is for the music only since I do not have the video, but the performance is so good that it is likely worth having. This is an excellent addition to any progressive metal music collection.
javajeff | 4/5 |