Big Big Train - A Stone's Throw From the Line CD (album) cover

A STONE'S THROW FROM THE LINE

Big Big Train

javajeff
5 stars More Big Big Train is a good thing! I think this performance is excellent, so any fan of their music should definitely pick it up. The sound quality is solid for a live show, but it is not the same for those that have been enjoying the studio recordings at 24 bit 48khz. Those high resolution studio recordings have punch, but you get the interactive element with a live audience, and some differences in music and vocal performance for this release. I can listen to their music on as many different presentations as they offer. David Longdon took me by surprise on some notes as he showed some versatility in a looser live setting. Nick D'Virgilio sounds great on drums as usual, Greg Spawton is excellent, and the addition of Rikard Sj÷blom adds to an already amazing pool of talent. I think this is an excellent addition to any progressive rock fan's collection, and a must for Big Big Train fans. The band that takes me on journeys across the pond through their music has given me a new journey to enjoy. A big kudos to Greg Spawton and crew for amazing musicianship and an excellent live presentation!
javajeff | 5/5 |