Battles - Mirrored CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars Fun, accesssible, manic with the intensity of ELP, the personality of Gentle Giant, Eletronica and a hint of post rock. This combination makes Battles sound both familiar but yet also groundbreaking, I agree with other reviewers this is prog for tomorrow. You can hear a strong influence of Gentle Giant in this band, but not derivative infact unlike anything you've ever heard. I believe this band is certainly original enough to be put on your buying list, they are not in anyway the many clone bands out there, they have their own voice and it will be exciting to see how this develops ion the future. What amazes me is how on earth this band got a hit on the charts and is considered hip? and yet have a unconventional sound, perhaps because everything else on the charts is tired,and this bands sounds so much more fresh, and amazingly very accesible but yet complex and mad. Definately worth your time, I'm giving them a five because this band is certainly progressive, not hung stuck in the 70s like so many contemporary prog (regressive rock) bands are, they are progressive and are looking to tomorrow.
Cheesecakemouse | 5/5 |