The Gift - Awake And Dreaming CD (album) cover

AWAKE AND DREAMING

The Gift

javajeff
4 stars It took a few listens for this to click with me, but I have to say that it is a stunning album. The great thing about having a new album in "Why The Sea Is Salt" is that it gives us a opportunity to discover new bands and their back catalog of albums. I think "Awake And Dreaming" is a great debut that is much better than the sophomore release. However, it may just be a matter of timing, taste, or personal preference. I am happy that I discovered The Gift since this is some excellent progressive rock. Awake And Dreaming features two long compositions broken down into tracks for the song loving population, but they each have a theme and flow that makes them unique. There are some rocking moments in tracks like Novature, but there are plenty of very lush, soft, piano moments that change speeds on a dime. I really believe that any Symphonic and Neo Prog fan should receive The Gift for their collections. Highly recommended. 4/5 stars.
javajeff | 4/5 |