Happy The Man - Crafty Hands CD (album) cover

CRAFTY HANDS

Happy The Man

poito
5 stars Crafty hands those of the band that play so beautifully. This is the second album of a major band that was born a bit late, after Prog music went down when the Prog heroes of the early 70's were giving up or selling their souls by the pound. Some of their heirs kept it high in the backstage of the big business that music had become. They had little air, but many acts as Happy the Men belong to the major leagues by own merits. The first eponymous release is simply a jewel of Prog, and their finesse remains intact in their second Crafty Hands. What a wonder for music lovers. Don't know how else to describe what you`ll get here. A music wonder. Although the guys admitted a strong influence by the early 70's classics, I do not see it, at least not that marked. Sometimes, the genius inside is so powerful that inputs have little influence on outputs, even if the brains do love the inputs. Does it make sense for you?

If you are about my age (you know, too young to die) and never listened to them before, you'll get a nice surprise as I did (and I blame the damned disc-business for ruining it all by promoting only money-makers, they got what they deserved and I thank piracy for that), but if you are newer, don't be impatient, listen to the album 3-4 times before you decide whether it is a 3 or a 5. Those disqualifying old guys don't get quite that we already know old music and Crafty Hands is and will always be new music. You know what that means; just train your taste a little bit. Don't miss it. These guys create!

poito | 5/5 |