TesseracT - Polaris CD (album) cover

POLARIS

TesseracT

javajeff
4 stars I just picked this up after a long time due to the average reviews and mediocre sentiment. I had Altered State, and thought it was a really good album, but this DJent style is not my favorite to begin with. However, music is all about moods, and sometimes I really crave music like this. The quality of musicianship from Tesseract is evident from the start. They are a very talented group with a very unique sound. They seem to mix atmospheric sounds with heavy funk in the forefront of the DJent movement. Polaris is actually much better than I expected, and mine was bundled with the Errai EP for a total of 13 tracks. It may not be as good as Alterted State, but it is definitely different and deserving more of an evaluation on its own merits. It is an enjoyable listen, and features the original singer from the One era. If you enjoy DJent, Progressive Metal, or Tesseract, there is so much good music here to enjoy. They are so different from other Progressive Metal groups that it is easy to have them in a rotation for much needed variety.
javajeff | 4/5 |