The Moody Blues - December CD (album) cover

DECEMBER

The Moody Blues

ZowieZiggy
1 stars To put things into perspective, I am not really thrilled each year around the Christmas period. Probably due to my (non) religious feelings.

I remember having reviewed a similar Tull album with two stars. But Tull is one of my favourite bands. This album is a collection of useless music IMO. But I'm biased. I only appreciate two X'Mas songs.

One is massacred here in the cover version of the great John Lennon. Do yourself a favor: never listen to this crappy Moodies one. Such a P.I.T.A. The only good thing about it, is that it is shorter than the excellent original.

Of course, if you are into such mellow mood about this particular period of the year and that you are willing to spend some forty minutes listening to the most boring and syrupy songs (eleven in total) this album might well be worth a listening. But I doubt that prog lovers can stand this punishment.

One star.