Genesis - From Genesis to Revelation CD (album) cover

2 stars Would you bet about these kids in 1969 ? I think the answer is no... Reviewing this record maybe I am influenced by the greatest Genesis albums of the Gabriel age, but even though this album is poor, I can't despise it. Consider just the age of the members at that time (about 18 years old!), consider this is the debut of one of the best prog rock bands... Sometimes I find pleasant listen this record, on the whole I admit... I like it, with all its lacks... (am I very wrong?)

In The Beginning, The Conqueror, In Hiding, The Serpent sounds old, but to me, they are nice pop-rock songs. I like also In The Wilderness, Where The Sour... and Silent Sun. (When I listen for the first time the tune called Am I Very Wrong, I couldn't hold up laughing, I find the refrain very ridiculous)

Sorry for possible mistakes, my english is not so good.

Civa | 2/5 |