Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

3 stars Well, this review is a kind of tribute to the late John Rutsey. I must confess that initially I didn't care for Rush's first kick just because the drummer wasn't Peart. But when I listened "All the world's a stage" for the first time the medley "Finding my way/ What you're doing" got my attention immediately. Then a friend from the language school knew that I appreciate Rush and give me two cds: Test for Echo and the eponymous album. I'm really grate to her. I love the hard rock attitude of this album. Geddy's voice is over the top, but I like it (just love the live versions of Bastille day). This album really kicks ass and it is good and loud rock'n'roll, 70's style. Tis is not progressive rock anyway, but the world is far larger than the progressive rock-diehard can imagine. Rush is an album that could be put in the same league as any of the Grand Funk first five albums, and this is a great thing to be (at least to my ears). Just because it isn't progressive I give it 3 stars, but the album on its own is a wonderful 5 star rock'n'roll album.

RIP, Mr. Rutsey. Peace for you and all your family.

moodyxadi | 3/5 |