Blackmore's Night - Under A Violet Moon CD (album) cover

Blackmore's Night

Prog Folk

5 stars So what it's not progressive music, so what it has nothing to do with Blackmore's earlier recordings? So what that "we all heard it before"? This is beautiful album, full of simple, gentle music. I wouldn't accept no one than Ronnie James Dio to sing "Self Portrait", but Candice does it equally marvellous. I admit that when I first got "Shadow of the Moon" I was shocked. How could it be possible for Ritchie to play that kind of music? But then I relized that he might have been bored and sicked of playing the same tunes for thirty years, and tried to do something different. So what they wear funny clothes? It's still guitar oriented music. Different, but still guitar. Call me stupid, send me back to school, I don't care, but among many (great) progressive tunes you can still find a time to listen music like this: simple, catchy but still of great quality. Five stars for overall performance.
| 5/5 |