Lunatic Soul - Walking On A Flashlight Beam CD (album) cover

WALKING ON A FLASHLIGHT BEAM

Lunatic Soul

javajeff
5 stars Mariusz Duda has a gifted voice for sure, and if that is your only reason for listening, then you will be missing out on some excellent compositions. I just started listening to Lunatic Soul, so I am new to this side project from the Riverside front man. The vocals on Shutting out the Sun & Cold for example are used like an instrument, and may at times be soft like a whisper. Perhaps some people will be looking for another Riverside album here, but the compositions are what make Walking On A Flashlight Beam the best Lunatic Soul album to date. Anyone that has ever listened to Love, Fear and the Time Machine from Riverside will get this album right away. The third track, Gutter, sounds most like a Riverside song if you crave that, but my favorite track on the album is Sky Drawn in Crayon due to some of the unique sounds in the composition. Sometimes less is more, and driving rhythms and layers of sublime sonic atmospheres will fill your speakers or headphones with subtle progressions. There are no bad tracks, and this album absolutely flows from beginning to end. I have been on a break from electronic sounding stuff for the past couple of years, but Lunatic Soul has an addictive sound to hook me back in. This is a stellar release!
javajeff | 5/5 |