Celeste - Second Plus CD (album) cover

SECOND PLUS

Celeste

Rock Progressivo Italiano

tmay102436
4 stars After listening to this recording all the way through with open ears and not really comparing it to Celeste original masterpiece first album, this is a fine album. It does have (as other reviewers have mentioned) a bit of an unfinished/not mastered feel to it - BUT! not to excess. It doesn't sound like some of the other Italian offerings - which are great musically - but totally unacceptable sonically.

There's a bit of everything; the traditional soft side of Celeste, but also an almost jazz/slight (and I mean slight!) RIO feel to it. A lot of improvisation by the woodwind player, and it's very effective and high quality.

The CD has a lot of material, and maybe too much for one setting, but still, overall this is what great contemplative progressive music is about. I love it, and highly recommend it to those a bit more adventurous soul's out there.

As always, thanks to Prog Archives for having us too absorbed with music types spouting our opinions and love of this high art.

Tom