Dream Theater - Master Of Puppets CD (album) cover

MASTER OF PUPPETS

Dream Theater

Valarius
3 stars I think anyone going into this album firstly has to accept that this isn't Metallica. This is Dream Theater having some fun paying tribute to Metallica.

For most this isn't really worth the money. And to be honest I can agree. If you want to check out Dream Theater, you'd by 'Images and Words' or 'Scenes from a Memory'. However, if you ever wondered what Master of Puppets might sound like with Keyboards (and who hasn't?) then this is the album for you.

Unfortunately LaBrie's performance is the only one that stands out as bad to me. Nothing against LaBrie, but this album is best suited to James Hetfield's voice. But other than that I don't really have any complaints.

This is really an album for DIEHARD Dream Theater or Metallica fans. I wouldn't recommend it to any casual listeners, though if you do come across it just remember not to take it seriously.

Valarius | 3/5 |