Savatage - The Wake of Magellan CD (album) cover

THE WAKE OF MAGELLAN

Savatage

Valarius
5 stars Brilliant album by a brilliant band. It's albums like this that make me wish Savatage were still around (at the time of this review, they've been inactive for a long time). Overall 'The Wake of Magellan' is a perfect piece of music. From first to last, this album is full of energy and very impressive guitar and vocal work.

The title track is the centerpiece here and will totally blow you away. The vocal counterpoint at the end (which I believe is the highlight of the album) is absolutely mind-blowing and it saddens me that there are people out there that have never even heard of this band.

Zak Stevens vocals are amazing, and every member seems to be on top of his game for this album. Though we have bands like Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Jon Oliva's Pain as substitutes, nobody does Savatage as good as Savatage themselves.

Whether you're into Metal, Prog, or just looking for something new, this album is definitely a winner all-round.

Valarius | 5/5 |