Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

MOVING PICTURES

Rush

Valarius
4 stars Rush's 'Moving Pictures' was my introduction to the Canadian Prog Rock group who seem to have inspired so many other bands. At the time I played in a band where our Drummer suggested we cover 'Tom Sawyer'. I was blown away. The song was amazing and really fun to play.

By some chance encounter I stumbled upon the song 'YYZ' at another friend's house, and again, I was highly impressed. So it was no surprise that when I decided to buy a Rush album, it HAD to be 'Moving Pictures'.

At first listen it didn't strike me too much. The album as a whole was being overshadowed by the two songs I previously knew, and it took me some time to get into the rest of the tunes. But with the help of my trusty iPod and a job that allowed me the freedom to listen to it, I gave this album another listen, and another, and another...

And what can I say? It took me a few listens, but this album definitely grew on me. Unfortunately however, this is also the reason I gave it four stars instead of five. It did take me more listens to get into than I would have liked. But it did have a certain charm to it where I kept coming back again and again.

Whilst it took me a few listens to get into, many fans consider this to be Rush's greatest album, and it's hard to argue that point.

Valarius | 4/5 |