Theta - Seeds of the Dream CD (album) cover

SEEDS OF THE DREAM

Theta

Marcelo
4 stars When I bought this album, I believed I would listen a new version of VERMILLION SANDS, the Japanese RENAISSANCE. After all, both bands has the same female singer -Yoko Royama-, who had impressed me with her beautiful and sweet voice.

So, I was thinking about some kind of RENAISSANCE music again, but it was a mistake. The common point between VERMILLION and THETA, beyond the vocalist (also sung in English and Japanese), is the delicated melodic line, but THETA has an approach to fusion and jazz, not listenable in all tracks but enough to build a different sound.

Violin is the predominant instrument, and gives to the music the classical and refined feeling, while keyboards and drums have an important role too.

A very nice album, really pleasant to the listener. Specially recommended for lovers of the mellow progressive who don't be afraid about a little bit of jazz-fusion sound.

Marcelo | 4/5 |