Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue CD (album) cover

KIND OF BLUE

Miles Davis

darkshade
4 stars You cannot deny this album. It may predate a lot of the prog on this site, but it was influential in prog, rock, jam bands, etc from the 60s and 70s and beyond. The music can only be fully appreciated at night (but is just fine during the day). This goes for most of Miles' output.

This album is the definition of 'cool'. The music can take on so many 'shapes'. For example, every time i listen to this album, i hear it in a different way. Every time!!

People say they say they see colors when listening to music. Well, Miles had it right. Blue. I have to agree with this, because when I listen to this album, I do see the color blue.

So many have already done a song-by-song analysis that i dont feel i have to. But pick up this album and explore it's wonderful musical possibilities.

I give this 5 stars because it is 'a masterpiece of progressive music'

darkshade | 4/5 |