Jethro Tull - A Passion Play  CD (album) cover

A PASSION PLAY

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Foolsdrummer
5 stars This record is difficult to crompehend. I hear some Gentle Giant influenced melodie parts in it and some van der Graaf influenced psychedelica. Their is still folk in it, but things seems to be a bit disorded. It seems like a mess.

To some people, this turns out bad.

To other people including me, this turns out very well.

I really didn't understood the whole thing when I first listen to this album, but I really wanted to understand where this album is all about. There were a few things that kept me interested during the first listens. This album is getting better and better, everytime you listen to it. I still can't say I fully understand the record, but this turned out to even more interests for the album. I still really can't believe my ears, sometimes. It's like magic.

Five stars, in one word I would describe this album as 'challenging'.

Foolsdrummer | 5/5 |