Saga - Trust CD (album) cover

TRUST

Saga

Valarius
4 stars I came across this album cheap on Ebay, and as I'd heard the name Saga before, I thought it wouldn't hurt to check them out. I'm glad I did.

As the opening riff of 'That's As Far As I Go' gets going, I knew I was listening to someone different than the norm. As a guitar player myself I instantly fell in love with Ian Critchon's style of riffing, sounding very fresh and unique. This style continues throughout the album, making songs like 'Ice in the Rain', 'It's Your Life' and 'Back to the Shadows' sound as though they're being played by a whole new band looking to prove something.

Unfortunately, one or two filler tracks prevents this album from getting a five-star rating that it deserves, which is a shame, as Saga's previous few albums didn't really receive such great critical response. But with 'Trust' Saga truly put themselves back on the map, and show that they are a band to be taken seriously.

Valarius | 4/5 |