Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out CD (album) cover

FIVE MILES OUT

Mike Oldfield

Valarius
4 stars This is a great album by Mike Oldfield, which nicely fits into that era of his music. Kicking off the album is 'Taurus II' which is an amazing track. It took me quite a few listens to get into, but that's exactly what you'd expect from a 25-minute instrumental track by Mr. Oldfield. The song has lots of different styles and moods in it, and once you become more familiar with the song you're sure to enjoy it.

'Orabidoo' is another great instrumental, and 'Five Miles Out' and 'Family Man' are great short songs. However the song 'Mount Teidi' is the only real setback for me, and is unfortunately the only reason I'm giving this album four stars. I gave it plenty of listens to try and boost this album to the five-star rating it deserves, but for me this song is just really dull and lifeless.

The rest of the album is awesome though, and 'Family Man' in particular is a nostalgic treat for me as it's one of those songs I've known since I was a little toddler (my parents use to play it all the time and I loved it).

Valarius | 4/5 |