Pink Floyd - Animals CD (album) cover

ANIMALS

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Naglefar
5 stars It is always hard to describe this album, which is most dear and close to my heart, as with previous Pink Floyd albums. But, this album always blows me away with the sheer energy and brilliant lyrics surrounding the Animal Farm concept, which is a great book. And being a predominately Waters album, the musicianship is flawless. Pigs on the Wing 1 and 2 are just fillers as far as i'm concerned, although they are the molding and bookcases for the album, and i still cannot deny their mood-setting soothingness.

Moving on, the epic 17 minute Dogs, now we're talking, a song about greed, money and DOGS?!?!? Doesn't get much better really besides the acoustic melody and awesome vocals. The interlude of electronic dog barking is quite comical, too. The way dogs and businessmen coexist and act in the same manner makes this song truly inspirational and somewhat repulsive, but in a good pessimistic government hating way.

Pigs always makes me laugh a little, probably because it's a rare ocasion the word F*ck is used in a pink flood catalogue, or maybe because the song is about lazy, fat, and filthy animals. Either way, it's a great song, my least favorite of the three main songs, but that's besides the point. The squeling vocal section in the middle is yet again funny, but greatly creative, again another high point of this album, the true creativity.

Ah, last but not least, the rockin' Sheep. A story told about dumb, witless followers in humanity, like the sheep of a flock. One line that always impacted on me was i looked over jordan to see, things are not what they seem an obvious reference to sheep being slaughtered. As far as music goes, this is definatly the most fast paced, rocking song in their catalogue, and truly moving. But the sheep revolt, killing the dogs, so they are not as dumb as they seem, i guess.

A great album overall, ever part, i can put this on at any time and any day, ever.

5 out of 5 stars!