Celeste - I Suoni In Una Sfera (OST) CD (album) cover

I SUONI IN UNA SFERA (OST)

Celeste

Rock Progressivo Italiano

poito
2 stars This is a late instrumental release by this peculiar Italian band of the 70's. We won't find here changes of rhythm, mindblowing composition or impressive solos. It is all smooth and slow, veeeery slow. It seems the music was composed as a soundtrack for a movie. That is probably why it is far less ambitious than the first release in 76 PRINCIPE DI GIORNO. Some themes are interesting with subtle arrangements, a flute and a piano taking most of it. Kind of reminds me the late albums by FOCUS, somethng I called prog for grannies. But one has to be in a really somnolent mood to feel comfortable with the pace in this album. It is to play as ambient music, when no one worries about what is in the air or if you need to relax. I can't say the music is bad, but not for a typical prog fan, unless you are looking for a tune to take a nap. The album title says it all. The album title track is a nice tune for an anthem or something, and the next The Dance of Sounds deserves a listening. Two tracks are undressed versions of the 76 release, Eftus and Favole Antiche, day and night. Possibly, that is what is miisng here, some dressing, some voices.. who knows. This is for fans and collectors.
poito | 2/5 |