Peter Gabriel - Up CD (album) cover

UP

Peter Gabriel

poito
4 stars PG feels with no obligations in this album. As in former releases, he is off the trends, many styles have seen the light and passed away, but as if he was a hermitage off the contemporary music he rarely winks at tendencies and fashions. PG's always had clear since the GENESIS era that he opens path. He was in his fifties for this album and had no time to waste. The tracks are a bit longer than usual 6-8 min, probably the stories are denser, deeper, and need to be told slower. The themes are a bit more repetitive than before, but it seems made on purpose, making us feel the revival nature of memories. As usual, he gives a bunch of new musical motifs, and I feel this time they target people of certain age. This time my son will probably don't be as enthusiastic as I am, but he'll also get to here and will appreciate the wonders of this album. My favorite is Signal to Noise.
poito | 4/5 |