Peter Gabriel - Big Blue Ball CD (album) cover

BIG BLUE BALL

Peter Gabriel

poito
2 stars Tasteless. That's the most I can say of this album by genius singer and composer PG. After several years without releasing any studio material, PG reappeared a bit lazy. Quite a bit. Naturally, it is PG, and even when he is not at best, the material is acceptable, but far from the standards we are used to. He leaves most of the singing to collaborators, and that's a mistake. I mean, the bunch of great singers he recruited is a demonstration of prestige, but who cares. Prestige is smoke, we need music, we need PG. The number of musicians enrolled for the recording is amazing, a new group for each track. It is as if he is playing the orchestra driver. We know he always liked collaborations, but not to the point of disappearing himself. And worse, there is no much effort in composition either. Here is when I agree with a harsh review that criticized a major PG's album as being made only of ethnic rhythms and electronics. I see some far lights in the track Exit Through You. That's about it.
poito | 2/5 |