Sparks - Kimono My House CD (album) cover

KIMONO MY HOUSE

Sparks

poito
1 stars Finally, I found it. The un-prog music by Sparks I mean. I started with LIL'BETHOVEN, which is a great album and then I moved to their latest release HIPPOPOTAMUS for a comparison, but it turned out to be an amazing album as well, full of themes with extraordinary richness and compositional mastery. But this was not what the media were telling about the band. This album KMH is supposed to be one of their best, and indeed it is music for amusement, with high spirited tunes to have fun in parties and so. The guys are close to Zappa-style, but definitely there is little left out of entertainment. Pity. They are so good. I would spare the opening track for Prog followers, This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us.
poito | 1/5 |