Eternity X - The Edge CD (album) cover

THE EDGE

Eternity X

Valarius
5 stars Upon discovering this band, I instantly fell in love with them after hearing the track 'Imaginarium'. I instantly set out to find this album, and after getting hold of their other records, I think it's a safe bet that this, 'The Edge', is Eternity X's most ambitious record.

The main focal point of the band, vocalist Keith Sudano, has clearly put a lot of time and effort into this album, especially the lyrics. What we hear comes from the heart and is full of emotion. And the musicianship to accompany the lyrics is absolutely fantastic. Full of awesome riffs, crazy time signatures, and some of the most epic, symphonic music you'll ever hear.

One thing I felt the album suffered from was that it can be very long and drawn out. It's not the sort of album you can listen to once and instantly recognize. It took me so many listens until I felt I could write an honest review. Usually, the amount of times I have to listen to an album before I can judge it contributes to the final rating I would give it. Although 'The Edge' took me ages to fully get into every song, I would feel guilty not giving it five stars.

It really is a brilliant album. If you're a fan of Progressive Metal you will enjoy the challenge, and fans of Dream Theater and Rush won't be disappointed. If you're willing to be patient you will be highly rewarded.

Valarius | 5/5 |