Sylvan - Posthumous Silence  CD (album) cover

5 stars Well, actually I am not a huge neoprog fan for a number of reasons; one of it is a lack of creative stuff. This in particular concerns 60 min + albums which often contain rather boring material, including unmotivated guitar and keyboard solos, meaningless repetitions, etc. So you can't take it as a whole, but just as a collection of separate tracks; some are good, the other are not. But this 70 min concept album is a rare and pleasant exception. I'd say more: these guys are truly bombastic! They grip you with the very first chords and release with the very last. A real passion play: emotional vocal, colorful and powerful guitar and keyboard work, interesting rhythm texture. I was really affected listening to this album, some times it reminded me in spirits ROBERT WHYATT's Rock Bottom. It definitely hits The Neoprog Top 10 together with MARILLION's Script and Childhood, PENDRAGON's Masquerade and ARENA's Visitor. Good luck guys!
groon | 5/5 |