Genesis - Turn It On Again - The Hits CD (album) cover

TURN IT ON AGAIN - THE HITS

Genesis

Valarius
4 stars This compilation may not be every Genesis fans dream come true, but for me this album is basically my childhood on a disc.

Of the two Genesis eras, I have to admit I'm a Phil Collins fan, and rather enjoy their more commercial material. On display here is pretty much all their biggest hits from that era. Many of these came out when I was no more than four or five years old. I was exposed to many of these songs through my parents, and I fondly remember seeing the classic video for 'I Can't Dance' when I was still a toddler. Though the kitchen TV was only about a meter off the ground, at the time it seemed to touch the sky, but none-the-less who isn't familiar with that song and the way they walk in single file to the beat? Classic!

Other songs such as 'Turn It On Again' and 'No Son of Mine' are some of the earliest songs I can remember from my childhood, and later songs like 'Congo' and 'Carpet Crawlers '99' are welcome additions to this compilation.

This may not appeal to every Genesis fan out there, but this is a great album for the casual listener. Mixing nicely between rock and pop music, fans of any musical genre will find something to enjoy here, and the great thing about this era of Genesis is that EVERYONE must know at least one song from this track list, proving that there truly is a bit of Genesis in everyone.

Valarius | 4/5 |