7 for 4 - Time CD (album) cover

7 for 4

3 stars What a nice surprise. This German band does a mix of Dream Theater like prog metal and fusion/jazz. Add some Canterbury scene and instrumental guitar music (Steve Vai etc etc) into the mix and you get 7 For 4. Most of all; this band sounds like Dream Theater goes fusion. Or like them if they decide to do this. Most of the music is instrumental only, but there are some female vocals on a couple of the tunes here.

The result is pretty good. I guess this is music for the musicians out there. The standard of the musicians is on the highest level. The standard of the tunes are not that good. The tunes tends to be pretty anonyme. None of the tunes are remarkable. But the overall quality of the album is good. I guess Dream Theater fans with interest in jazz and fusion will declare their interest in 7 For 4. I am missing the really good tunes.

3 stars and I am off to buy the other two 7 For 4 albums.

toroddfuglesteg | 3/5 |