Sylvan - Posthumous Silence  CD (album) cover

POSTHUMOUS SILENCE

Sylvan

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars A new experience for me.

This band has been recommended to me by my friends in the scene. I now understand why.

The first thing that entered my mind when listening to this album was RADIOHEAD. The vocals is pretty similar to Thom Yorke........ but a lot better. The music is pretty mellow and driven by the vocals, keys and guitars. This is not complex and technical music. It is my understanding this is a concept about a man discovering his daughter's world through her diaries. If this is true, I can understand why the music is so mellow. The music fits the lyrics. Besides of being mellow, this is the typical neo-prog with some elements of progressive metal. I find some similarities with RADIOHEAD and I cannot get them out of my head.

The quality is very high throughout with no outstanding songs. I regard this as one piece of music throughout. It is as one symphony I am enjoying this album. I probably should listen more to this album and buy the live album before I pass any judgement on SYLVAN. It is obvious I should give this band more attention.

A good addition to any prog rock collection.

4 stars.