Dominici - 03 A Trilogy Part 2 CD (album) cover

03 A TRILOGY PART 2

Dominici

Valarius
5 stars I accidently stumbled upon this band on Myspace. While viewing Dream Theater's Myspace page, I saw the name Dominici in the Top Friends section. Is that THE Dominici? I wondered. I clicked on the link and was taken to the page of a relatively new Prog Metal act. The song 'Greed, the Evil Seed' started playing, and I instantly became a fan.

Charlie Dominici is a name most Dream Theater fans will be familiar with. After recording their debut album way back in 1989, Dominici pretty much dropped off the face of the planet, until now.

After performing live with Dream Theater in 2004 on the 15th anniversary of 'When Dream and Day Unite', Dominici decided he wanted to get back into music. One solo acoustic album later, and the man exploded onto the scene with a new band, and a whole new attitude.

This album, part two in the '03' trilogy, should be in the collection of every Prog Metal fan. Full of bone- crushing riffs, complex song structures and dazzling musicianship, this band has the potential to be one of the big names of Progressive Metal over the coming years. If you like concept albums this is not to be missed. The story is so grand and epic that it just wouldn't fit on one disc!

If you like Dream Theater, you NEED to check out Dominici. If you don't like Dream Theater, check out Dominici anyway... you won't regret it!

Valarius | 5/5 |