Sleepmakeswaves - In Today Already Walks Tomorrow CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

3 stars SLEEPMAKESWAVES debut record is a paragon for almost every Post-Rock band nowadays; with timing between EP and LP, it has everything today's 'epic' Post-Rock is loved/hated for: lush guitar layers, tremolo-driven climaxes, violin and piano here and then, nice melodies and variable mood, from up- lifting to deeply melancholic. The problem is that this release may get lost among hundreds of other releases of that kind, that have flooded Post-Rock world recently. When I check some sites for new stuff/new reviews, I rarely see anything that would catch my attention immediately. Even this album found its way to me almost by chance. So there's no wonder there's not much interest in Post-Rock nowadays, even if most releases are good, they're challenging no more. Anyway, this is a VERY, very good example of 'pg. by ghosts of mooncake deepset' Post-Rock, so don't dare to miss it, if you're still interested in stuff of that kind. As for me I feel my passion grows weaker with each day.
Prog-jester | 3/5 |