Carlos Santana - Oneness, Silver Dreams - Golden Reality CD (album) cover

Carlos Santana

2 stars My ''devotion'' to the man won't prevent some accurate ratings: being his solo or band's efforts.

Needless to say that this ''Oneness'' is one of his poorest so far. The debut live one with Miles being probably the weakest of all.

When I listen to this work, I have some major difficulties to identify a great track. Each of them are either too hectic or too loose to be really interesting. Some sort of average jamming sessions with little flavour, at best.

There are hardly one great songs I can recommend here. Just have some other angles to the work of this great man/band from 1970 to 1972 with such great albums as ''Abraxas'', ''Third'', ''Caravanserai'' and their debut one. The solo with Mc Laughlin is also a must own IMO.

''Oneness'' is just a collection of short stuff with little interest. Orchestrations again, little inspiration and the worst vocals you could ever experienced. Of course, Greg Walker has never been an aficionado of my mine, and his poor contribution won't raise the quality of this album of course.

Two stars, nothing else.