Jethro Tull - War Child CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

I can't help but think that his album is underrated. Though I kind of have a special spot for this album, being my first J-Tull album, it really is underrated musically. Sure it's not their best, but for this short period where Tull kind of lost some of their quality, it's the best from the era. The closing track fits perfectly, and is a highlight of the album. I particulary like the theme to this album, even though there is less flute and less reasons to make it called prog folk. I also tend to think that Ian Anderson's voice sounds the best here, even though other musicians aren't shining as brightly. Sure the music isn't as proggy, folky, or has as much skilled musicianship, but it does not deserve a lot of the negative reviews it gets. It's not great or anything, but for anyone looking for good music, if you like prog folk, or if you're a Tull fan, you won't think it deserves the reviews it gets.

J-Man | 3/5 |