Asia - Alpha  CD (album) cover

4 stars This is the second album from supergroup Asia. Right off the bat, I warn you this isn't prog so don't expect it just because of all the familiar faces in prog. If you liked the first album, you will like this just the same. The music is all of the same caliber, and has similar song layout. Like I said, this isn't prog, so there are no long songs or complexity, so the hidden talent of the band doesn't show much at all. All of the songs are incredible pop rock songs (with the exception of a few). My favorite is probably THE SMILE HAS LEFT YOUR EYES. I'll recommend this to any pop rock fan and even prog fan. If you can shake the image that these are prog musicians, you'll be pleasently surprised. 5/5 for pop rock, 4/5 for prog.
J-Man | 4/5 |