Ricocher - Quest For The Heartland CD (album) cover

3 stars As with most neo prog music I have discovered, this EP got the maximum rate when I fist listened to it several years ago (I have had the habit in rating music while I listen to it for quite a long time already).

I have to say that I'll be much more reluctant in providing the highest rate for it now. Maybe because in the meantime, I have listened to more than three hundred albums from this genre.

The music proposed is quite decent though: a fine vocalist, some nice melodies and a very typical neo- style of course. At times, this band reminds me of ''Grey Lady Down'', but in a less passionate and inspired version.

My fave moment here is ''Life in your Mind''. But it is maybe because ''Your Pride'' sounds too much popish (although the upbeat tempo is quite catchy), and ''The Code'' sounds maybe too much pompous (especially during the intro).

The title track is also a fine moment of this offering. Vocals are quite good to say the truth. And as it is often the case within this musical style, the guitar work is fully on par and offers some great time here as well.

This EP is a good one and as such I guess that the three stars rating is totally appropriate.

ZowieZiggy | 3/5 |