Kingfisher Sky - Hallway Of Dreams CD (album) cover

HALLWAY OF DREAMS

Kingfisher Sky

Menswear
2 stars Average.

This makes me think of the movie Twilight: appealling to the youngsters, lots of 'oh-I'm-so-sad-and-don't - know-why' and 'creeepy-but-handsome-teenager-looks-like-a-vampire' feelings. Seen it, heard it, got it already!

What to say? No epics, not even a song clocking past 5 minutes (so radio friendly). The girl sounds like Within Temptation/Lacuna Coil/ Epica; so nothing, absolutely nothing new on the horizon. What grinds my gears the most is the fact that the record has a great production, and a lot of time in production knob twitching's been invested...in what? Another clone based on a clone. Man, so many bands with fresher ideas could've benefit all this time and money! But hey, kids want goths, give'em goths.

After hearing this style over and over again, I even wonder why more and more bands are heading towards this tangent since this as been the flavor of the month for the past what, 8 years? I guess everybody wants their piece of the cake.

If you like Lacuna Coil and Evanescence, this is one another amongst so many.

A big yawn for me.