Oaksenham - Conquest of the pacific CD (album) cover

Forum & Site Admin Group
3 stars Exactly Armenian folk...isn't it?

Why cannot we call them an eclectic progressive rock band? Indeed their sound is symphonic and dramatic, but, basically based on their Armenian heart, it's really mixture of folk, rock, and classic. As listeners can realize, the last suite Conquest of the Pacific by five parts is constructed by dry flute, brass and horn, keen strings, and heavy-riff guitar plus percussive drums. Besides this suite, many kinds of instrumentals, especially flute with dry and windy line, run wild and rampant. It's strange, I think, that guitar and percussion, they are basic rock instrumentals, can hear soft and warm...namely flute or strings, which should be thought as warm instrumentals, can hear dry and rampant. Does the sound owe an influence of Armenia...? Sorry, I dunno.

At any rate, we can find East European flavour in them. Excellent work.

DamoXt7942 | 3/5 |