Chicago - Chicago [Aka: Chicago  II] CD (album) cover

CHICAGO [AKA: CHICAGO II]

Chicago

javajeff
5 stars Listening to the Steven Wilson remix feels like a brand new album. This classic sports some of their best songs, and emerges as a jazz-rock aural treat. Colour My World and 25 Or 6 To 4 are two of my favorite tracks and I have put some serious mileage into them in my youth. While Chicago may have some poppy albums later in their career, the second and first albums remain classics in rock history. Chicago II is a long album with mellow interludes like Memories Of Love to heighten the more upbeat rocking tracks. I cannot see how anyone that loves prog would dismiss this album since it is loaded with tons of variety. The excellent musicianship and song-writing makes this a perfect album for all rock lovers. The Steven Wilson remix feels natural, vibrant, and new. It does not suffer from the loudness wars, and establishes excellent sound quality for the horns to really shine.
javajeff | 5/5 |