Crimson Glory - Transcendence CD (album) cover

TRANSCENDENCE

Crimson Glory

Valarius
4 stars Transcendence is the album that many people consider to be Crimson Glory's best, and it's hard to disagree.

I was a newcomer to the Glory when I was browsing through Progarchives.com and stumbled upon the track 'Lonely'. I instantly purchased this album and was amazed at what I heard. Some good, quality metal riffing with some nice melodies and interesting twin-guitar harmonies is something I feel that modern metal seems to be lacking, but Crimson Glory show you how it's done on this album.

With the exception of maybe one or two tracks, all the songs on this album are great! Especially some of the first tracks, 'Lady of Winter', 'Red Sharks', 'Masque of the Red Death' and 'Where Dragons Rule', and of course, the classic 'Lonely'. They don't make metal songs like this anymore!

Crimson Glory's sound may not be for everyone, but I think fans of Fates Warning and Queensryche will love their two-guitar assault on the Prog world!

Valarius | 4/5 |