Dominici - O3 A Trilogy Part 3 CD (album) cover

O3 A TRILOGY PART 3

Dominici

Valarius
5 stars After hearing and falling in love with Dominici's debut album (as a band), the amazing '03 A Trilogy Pt. 2', I had to wait for what seemed like forever for Part 3 to come out. After waiting an eternity it was finally released and I rushed out to get it straight away.

However, before my copy had arrived I had already started reading some reviews about how it wasn't as good as Part 2, didn't live up to the hype etc. My friend who is also into this music said it wasn't as good as Part 2, claiming that while Part 2 was a pure Prog Metal album, part 3 had more Power Metal elements in it.

For the record I like Power Metal, but I was getting excited about hearing Part 3 in the same vein as Part 2. Thankfully, I can say that everyone was wrong! All wrong!

'03 A Trilogy Pt. 3' has everyone I liked about Part 2, but jacked up on more steroids than a room full of professional wrestlers. Okay, I will admit that there is a LOT more of a metal element to this album, but hell, it sounds so good how can I resist?

The story of the original is continued, but on a much bigger scale! A brief run through of the story is that basically aliens created man, not God. Though we see these aliens as God, our creator. One man is chosen to bear witness as the aliens wipe out mankind to start over. He is then reborn as Adam in the garden of Eden, basically restarting the world as we know it!

It sounds cheesy, I know, but it works! And it sounds really good. The lyrics are very easy to follow, and of all the concept albums around these days, here's one that doesn't make you have to go on websites and ask what the story was all about.

Between the two albums I still like Part 2 better, but I would definitely say that Part 3 is a worthy follow- up, and equally amazing in its own right. Fans of Dream Theater and any Prog Metal will like this, and for any ambitious metal fan looking to get into something progressive whilst maintaining its heavier aspect will love this (and trust me, this is heavy!). It's been a great ride, and this '03 Trilogy' belongs in everyones collection!

Valarius | 5/5 |