Focus - Hamburger Concerto CD (album) cover

HAMBURGER CONCERTO

Focus

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
4 stars There are quite a few reviews for this popular and much loved album. I don't feel that I can add very much to all that. And I agree, this is indeed a great album even if not quite a masterpiece for me. The sound is rich and full and Thijs Van Leer plays a plethora of instruments here. Often there is a folky sound and feeling placing this album close to Prog Folk, but also staying in typical Focus territory which is Symphonic Prog with some jazzy leanings. A special musical place to be in, and Focus has a distinctive sound of their own.

Highly recommended!