Queen - These Are the Days of Our Lives / Bijou CD (album) cover

3 stars Another Queen's single to whom the B side is 'Bijou'; it's 'These Are The Days Of Our Lives' - which was a hit, if not a major hit, in 1991, a nostalgic down-tempo ballad; it represents the melancholic side of the band. I can't help myself because each time I look at this one, I imagine the one with Lisa Stansfield - so I guess for me the experience is ruined for good. However. Not a bad song, especially considering what was happening with mainstream rock music at the time. Along with 'Bijou', it may had been encouraging potential fans to buy actual album. It may be a bit redundant, since 'Bijou' already had been the B side of their 'Innuendo' single, but completists won't mind that. Although I wouldn't mind a selection of the track not included on any single or 'Greatest Hits' compilation, such is 'Don't Try So Hard' for example. As a single, aimed at the fan base, this is more than a decent unit.
clarke2001 | 3/5 |