Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) - Best Prog Rock Album in the World... Ever  CD (album) cover

BEST PROG ROCK ALBUM IN THE WORLD... EVER

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars

Bad title, good music

No sampler will ever manage to represent the loose term progressive rock. The title is therefore a joke and some very cheap trickery to lure the newbeginner to buy it............. so I did buy.

The sampler itself is actually not bad at all. I have very successfully used it as a guide to the bands and scenes I did not know. In most instances, this has lead me to purchase their albums. The sampler is easy to find at for example Amazon and other places. It has three CDs full of superb music. One of the strong points of this sampler is that it covers the majority of the different progressive rock styles. From space rock, via art rock to symphonic prog. This is as close to an essential prog rock taster for newbeginners a sampler can get. I am pretty sure it is the best prog rock sampler on the market today.

3 stars