King Crimson - The ConstruKction of Light  CD (album) cover

King Crimson

1 stars By far the worse King Crimson album ever made, a huge disappointment from a band I have enjoyed for years.

This is simply a cacaphony, and listening to Prozac Blues earlier made me want to reach for said pill to cheer my self up.

The only track I can say I enjoy is the Coda with Belew bemoaning the state of the modern political world.

You get the feeling listening to this that KC have descended into the art of making a noise simply for the sake of making a noise. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just is, and I feel that thjis lineup has now reached the end of its natural life.

A racket from start to finish, and a god awful one at that. Enough Larks Tongues in Aspic's already!!

lazland | 1/5 |