Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

1 stars Rush is among my favorite bands on this blue Earth. Of all the 20-some disks they've released, there's one I never bother to listen to and would like to pretend doesn't exist. This is that album. Unlike the later, technically challenging Rush, this is Rush's attempt at a blues record. With uninspired tunes like Working Man and Finding My Way, this record isn't progressive in the least. It's a boring generic rock release. Had I been alive in 1974, I would have passed Rush off as another commercial rock trio with no originality. Luckily, Fly By Night was good, and Caress Of Steel was in my opinion the greatest album ever made. You know what really annoys me? Working Man is concidered their best song by some.
DavidInsabella | 1/5 |