Rush - Grace Under Pressure CD (album) cover

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Rush

Valarius
4 stars This is an amazing album by Canadian Prog Rockers Rush. I hate giving it just four stars, but sadly I find the second half of the album to be fairly weak compared to the first half. This is a huge shame because the first four tracks are some of the best songs I've ever heard.

'Distant Early Warning' is an instant Rush classic, and the following two songs 'Afterimage' and 'Red Sector A' are as equally amazing. Then there is 'The Enemy Within', quite possibly my favourite Rush song. Especially if you catch the live version from the 'Grace Under Pressure Tour', this song has got the best Bass line you will ever hear, and I don't think there is anyone who it won't grow on.

As I said before though, it's unfortunate that the second half doesn't quite live up to the standards set before it. Whilst all the songs are great, they just don't seem a lot weaker overall. Of course, this doesn't make them bad songs. They're still worth a listen.

Whilst most people will prefer 'Moving Pictures' as Rush's best album, I personally think this is equally as good. Possibly even better (based on the first four tracks alone). Whether you prefer it to MP or not comes down to taste, but I don't think there's any denying this is Rush at their finest.

Valarius | 4/5 |