Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

Van Der Graaf Generator

5 stars Bands like Van Der Graaf Generator make me so glad that I discovered this site because otherwise I would never have listened to this album. This album marks the return of the band after a few years of inactivity and what a return it was! This is definitely one of their best albums, for me it is hard to choose between this and Pawn Hearts, but it is definitely their most accessible album. I would recommend Godbluff as a starting point for anyone looking to get into the band or for anyone who has listened to one of their other releases and found it to be difficult listening.

The music is dark and heavy at times, jazzy at others, but overall every song on this album is a great piece of prog. Peter Hammill has a unique voice that many people seem to either love or hate, so if you have never heard anything by Van Der Graaf Generator before, listen to one of the samples on this website and make up your own mind.

All four songs on this album our excellent, and it is definitely a masterpiece of progressive music in my opinion, but I can understand why some people just don't like their music. However, I feel it is absolutely essential for any prog fan to give this band a chance and there is no better place to start than with Godbluff!

rpe9p | 5/5 |