Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons  CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4 stars I think that A Change of Seasons is an excellent album when you take it for what it is. This album is one 20-minute dream theater song along with covers from some of their live performances. The title track is one of my favorite dream theater songs. In heaviness it is similar to awake, but does not really have the same dark feel of many parts of awake. If you dont like a lot of prog metal, I would still recommend it because im not a big metal fan, but this is probably my favorite heavier song from dream theater.

The title track, though, is the only origional song on this album, the rest of it being live covers and medleys. I find these tracks to be enjoyable, but if you are not a fan of dream theater or labrie then you may not. Make no mistake, the reason to buy this album is for the title track and the cover songs are just for fun to listen to from time to time. I dont know if this sells for the full price of a studio album because I got it as a gift, but I think you cant look at this as a full album. Taking this album for what it is, I think it is an excellent addition to any progressive music collection.

rpe9p | 4/5 |